Monday, October 12, 2020

The Power Of The Spirit , Find a reason greater than reality:

Find a reason greater than reality: the power of the spirit

 

If you ask most people if they would like to be rich or financially

free, they would say yes. But then reality sets in. The road seems too

long with too many hills to climb. It’s easier to just work for money

and hand the excess over to your broker.

I once met a young woman who had dreams of swimming for

the U.S. Olympic team. The reality was that she had to get up every

morning at four o’clock to swim for three hours before going to

school. She did not party with her friends on Saturday night. She had

to study and keep her grades up, just like everyone else.

When I asked her, what fueled her super-human ambition and

sacrifice, she simply said,

“I do it for myself and the people I love. It’s

love that gets me over the hurdles and sacrifices.”

A reason or purpose is a combination of “wants” and “don’t

wants.” When people ask me what my reason for wanting to be rich

is, I tell them that it is a combination of deep emotional “wants” and

“don’t wants.”

I will list a few: first, the “don’t wants,” for they create the “wants.”

I don’t want to work all my life. I don’t want what my parents aspired for,

which was job security and a house in the suburbs. I don’t like being an employee. I hated that my dad always missed my football games because he was so busy working on his career. I hated it when my dad worked hard all his life and the government took most of what he worked for at his death.

 He could not even pass on what he worked so hard for

when he died. The rich don’t do that. They work hard and pass it on

to their children.

Now the “wants.” I want to be free to travel the world and live

in the lifestyle I love. I want to be young when I do this. I want

to simply be free. I want control over my time and my life. I want

money to work for me.

Those are my deep-seated emotional reasons. What are yours?

If they are not strong enough, then the reality of the road ahead may

be greater than your reasons. I have lost money and been set back many times, but it was the deep emotional reasons that kept me standing up and going forward.

I wanted to be free by age 40,

but it took me until I was 47, with many learning experiences along the way. As I said, I wish I could say it was easy. It wasn’t. But it wasn’t

that hard either. I’ve learned that, without a strong reason or purpose, anything in life is hard.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A STRONG REASON, THERE IS NO SENSE

READING FURTHER. IT WILL SOUND LIKE TOO MUCH WORK.

No comments:

Bookkeeping Accounting

Share Capital and Rights of Shareholders

SHARE CAPITAL   Main Sources of Corporate Finance There are four main sources of obtaining or raising funds to finance a company. Sh...